Friday, August 5, 2011

Giddy giddy gi...

So the kiln ran like a champ, just the way a kiln is suppose to do.  It was so awesomely nice not to have to go out and turn dials for the kiln every 2 hours give or take and even more awesome that I could tell what temperature it was with a glance at the digital readout. 

Computer controlled kilns its good for what ails ya.  Everything survived the kiln but with the starting of my real job as an art teacher this week, I haven't been able to do anything but look at the pretty pots.  However tomorrow that is all to change, I will spend the time mixing some glazes, glazing some pots and loading up my brand new to me computer controlled kiln and even get in some rakuing.  Then hopefully on Monday morning when I have to deal with kids I will have a new giant coffee mug to at least keep me semi sane. 

Till next time keep your hands muddy and burn some dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment